A new platform, a new contest 🙂 #ArtSoundtrack!
This contest is all about combining and rewarding different fields of art. Whether you’re a visual artist (and create drawings, paintings or photos) or a musician and create amazing tracks, you can enter. More info in the sections below.
Link to contest on Whaleshares
If you haven’t signed up to Whaleshares yet, read this post by @atomcollector which explains it nicely. Also make sure to join the @whaleshares [Discord](https://discord.gg/YFZbjvp) to learn more about this new platform and ask all questions you have. Of course, in our Discord we’ll be able to answer questions as well 🙂 If you were a Bitshares (BTS) holder on August 1st, you must claim your Whaleshares sharedrop before September 15th as explained in this post.
In this post
- Explanation of the contest
- Round 1
- Round 2
- Prize pool
Explanation of the contest
The reason we started this contest, is because we thought it would be awesome to have a contest where music and visual arts come together. Wouldn’t it be great to have a soundtrack to go with a painting, drawing or photo? Each episode will have two rounds. Round one for visual artists, round two for musicians (of all genres).
- In round 1, visual artists can submit their piece of art (painting, drawing, photo). Style doesn’t matter.
- In round 2, musicians, bands, DJs or other musical artists can submit their track that fits the art of round 1 well.
- Submit your visual art before September 12th
- Starting September 12th the Whaleshares community will have 24 hours to vote for their favourite painting, drawing or photo.
Round 2 (starts September 13th)
- Submit your track/song before September 21st
- Starting September 21st the Whaleshares community will have 24 hours to vote for the track that best fits the visual art selected in round 1.
- Use #ArtSoundtrack as tag
- Comment with a link to your submission
- Use a link to this contest in your submission post
- Submit before September 12th (round 1) or September 21st (round 2)
- Reward this post so the contest and artists are shared around 🙂
Okay, but what can I win?
First prize round 1: 250 $INDIE + 250 AIRPLAY + a soundtrack to go with your piece of art
First prize round 2: 250 $INDIE + 250 AIRPLAY + a painting/drawing (digitally) to go with your track
$INDIE is the brand-agnostic reward token of The Indie Alliance – a collective of global Arts projects and blockchain awards brands. Sign up to Bitshares to be able to receive them.
@seveaux has created the AIRPLAY token and has kindly offered it for us to use to reward deserving independent artists.
The token will be able to summon the-jukebox whale to come and visit the post of your choice.
This feature will be live at some point in September but the exciting thing is you can also trade your $INDIE for AIRPLAY on Bitshares.
If you want to contribute to the rewards pool in any way (rewarding/tokens you name it), contact Roel on Discord via Roel#4485 or comment below 🙂
When in round one, the painting below won Sgt. Peppter’s Lonely Hearts Club Band would be a matching track 😉 Of course, this is an obvious example but that’s just to make the idea of this contest more clear.
Announcement round 1
Without further ado we’d like to announce season 1, episode 1, round 1 🙂 Looking forward to seeing all your masterpieces, whether it’s a drawing, painting or any other form of visual arts. The entire Whaleshares community will be able to vote for the best art on September 12th so stay tuned if you’re not an artist, but an admirer.
Disclaimer: Whaleshares only feature for now.